The greater Chittagong breadth including Cox's Bazar was beneath the aphorism of Arakan Kings from the aboriginal 9th aeon until its acquisition by
the Mughals in 1666 AD.When the Mughal Prince Shah Shuja was casual through the arresting breadth of the present day Cox's Bazar on his way to Arakan,
he was admiring to the breathtaking and arresting adorableness of the place. He allowable his armament to affected there. His aggregation of one thousand
palanquins chock-full there for some time.A abode called Dulahazara, acceptation "one thousand palanquins," still exists in the area. Afterwards the Mughals,
the abode came beneath the ascendancy of the Tipras and the Arakanese,followed by the Portuguese and again the British.The name Cox's Bazar originated
from the name of a British East India Company officer, Captain Hiram Cox who was appointed as the Superintendent of Palonki(today's Cox's Bazar) beginning
afterwards Warren Hastings became the Governor of Bengal afterward the British East India Company Act in 1773.Captain Cox was abnormally mobilised to accord
with a aeon continued battle amid Arakan refugees & bounded Rakhains at Palonki. The Captain fabricated cogent progress in rehabilitation of refugees in
the area, but had died (in 1799) afore he could accomplishment his work. To admire his role in rehabilitation plan a market / exchange was accustomed and was
called afterwards him as Cox's Bazar (market of Cox). Cox's Bazar than was aboriginal accustomed in 1854 and a city was constituted in 1869.
After the Sepoy Mutiny (Indian Rebellion of 1857) in 1857, the British East India Company was awful criticised and questioned on altruistic grounds, specially
for its Opium barter cartel over the Indian Sub-Continent. However, afterwards its dissolution on 1 January 1874, all of the company's assets including its
Armed Armament were acquired by the British Crown. Afterwards this celebrated yield over, Cox's Bazar was declared a commune of the Bengal Province beneath
the British Crown.
After the end of British aphorism in 1947, Cox's Bazar remained as a allotment of East Pakistan. Captain Advocate Fazlul Karim, the aboriginal Chairman
(after ability from the British) of Cox's Bazar City accustomed the Tamarisk Forest forth the bank to draw day-tripper absorption in this boondocks and
aswell to assure the bank from flat waves. He aswell donated abounding of his father-in-law's and his own acreage for establishing a Public Library and
a Boondocks Hall for the town. He was aggressive to body Cox's Bazar as a day-tripper atom afterwards seeing beaches of Bombay and Karachi, and one of
the antecedents in developing Cox's Bazar as such. He founded a Maternity Hospital, the Stadium and the arising arrangement by accretion grants from the
Ford Foundation and Rockefeller Foundation through correspondence. Mr. T. H. Matthews, the arch of the Dacca Engineering College (1949~1954) was his
acquaintance who had helped him in doing this. Architect Chandi Charan Das was the government civilian architect who had formed on all these projects.
In 1959 the city was angry into a town committee. In 1961 the bygone Geological Survey of Pakistan accomplished analysis of radioactive minerals like
monazite about the Cox's Bazar sea-beach breadth and a amount of adored abundant minerals were articular the aforementioned year.